The University of Arizona’s School of International Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (SILLC), Eller College of Management,School of Journalism, and School of Government and Public Policy share a strong commitment to educating future leaders of the new global economy in a world that increasingly requires the highest level of intercultural competence.
The Professional MAs in East Asian Studies, French, German Studies, or Russian is a course of study that allows students to complete an emphasis in one of the following areas:
- Business Management
- Management Information Systems
- Collaborative Governance
There is an increasing and strong demand for business professionals who keep humanity in mind and for citizens who are educated in the broadest sense possible so that they can participate in their own governance and engage with the world. Industries and organizations need an adaptable and creative workforce; experts equipped with the cultural understanding, knowledge of social dynamics, and language proficiency to lead our economy and institutions through complex global situations. (Adapted from the American Academy of Arts and Sciences’ report “The Heart of the Matter,” 2013)
Employers confirm that the following skills taught in our Professional MAs are in high demand in all industries:
- The experience and ability to adapt and function in unfamiliar environments and new situations;
- The ability to communicate well with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- The ability to negotiate difficult/abstract tasks with an acute sense of initiative and creativity;
- The ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess cultural differences in professional settings;
- Heightened ability to apply the skills of critical thinking, reading, writing, and synthesizing information.
Graduates who combine East Asian Studies, French, German Studies, or Russian with a professional discipline are successfully employed in all fields.
Click on the following links for complete descriptions:
Professional MA East Asian Studies
Professional MA German Studies